and cold water are carefully and thoroughly mixed to provide "instant" hot
water on demand. Using the proportional flow water and steam
control valves, the operator can adjust the washdown station
to deliver the desired hot water temperature as indicated on
the dial thermometer located in the mixed water discharge. By
depressing the ergonomically designed fail-safe trigger of
the hand-held spray nozzle or the optional spray lance, the
operator can direct a steady flow of hot water from a fine
spray to a solid jet.
Washdown Stations are widely used in dairy, pharmaceutical, food processing, chemical and industrial plants. Wherever efficient, economical and low-maintenance means of hot-water clean-up is needed, Washdown Stations are used.
- Easily maintained
- No carbonate build-up at steam inlet valve
- No special tool kits needed
- Manually operated flow proportioning control valves
- Internal steam and water check valves to prevent back-flow
- Integral steam-water venturi mixer for consistent mixing
- Discharge liquid temperature indicating dial gauge
- Simple wall mounting design and "mount-compatibility" for easy installation
- Discharge hose with swivel connections on each end
- Fail-safe trigger-actuated spray gun or shut-off lance
- Stainless steel hose rack for convenient hose storage
handling live steam, SAFETY COMES FIRST! To reduce
the potential for steam discharge, all Our Our Steam/Water Washdown
Stations employ a unique valve and diaphragm technology. Steam
is automatically blocked from discharging from the mixing station
using a specially engineered diaphragm device. The diaphragm
uses the steam supply pressure to positively close the steam
inlet valve to the mixing chamber. The mixing station does not
rely on potentially unreliable components such as temperature
sensors or electrical devices to keep the steam valve closed.
The diaphragm device will permit the steam inlet valve to open only after
sufficient cold water flow is established by squeezing the spray
nozzle or lance. If at any time the cold water is restricted,
the steam is automatically shut off. NO WATER-NO STEAM!
Model Selection Chart
||30 to 80 psig
||10 to 60 psig
||3 to 4.5 gpm
||30 to 80 psig
||35 to 150 psig
||3 to 8.5 gpm
||30 to 80 psig
||60 to 200 psig
||3 to 9 gpm
Minimal Maintenance Required
build-up at the steam inlet valve, a problem plaguing competitive
units, is minimized. A check valve is optimally positioned
within the mixing station between the steam inlet valve and the
cold water chamber housing the specially designed steam-water
venturi mixer. The steam valve seat is isolated from the cold
water supply, preventing deposit of carbonates at the steam valve
thus reducing the potential for steam inlet valve seizure. No
special tool kits are required for the Washdown Station
to operate at maximum efficiency and safety.
- Recessed and Pedestal Mounted Units
- Wall Cabinets for complete enclosure
- Hose Assemblies
- Automatic Water-Saver Spray Nozzle
- 25 ft. long 3/4" diameter hose
- 50 ft. long 3/4" diameter hose
- Spray Lance
- Standard: Bronze Construction
- Optional: Bronze Construction with 316SS Mixing Nozzle (316SS steam-water mixing nozzle will extend the service life)
- Optional: Stainless Steel
- Standard Wall Mounted - Lag bolts and anchors provided for securing to an existing vertical surface.
- Optional Floor Pedestal - Floor mounted unit; Stainless steel cover, box and tube; Ideal where floor piping is accessible. All water and steam piping is concealed.
- Optional Recessed Wall Mixing Unit Enclosure - Mixing unit is mounted within a stainless steel enclosure with removable cover panel. Valve bonnets, dial thermometer and the outlet project outside the enclosure. The hose and rack are mounted outside the enclosure. All water and steam piping is concealed.
- Optional Recessed Wall Full Unit Enclosure - Mixing unit and discharge hose are mounted within a stainless steel enclosure with hinged door. Water and steam piping, valves and dial thermometer are concealed.